Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) announced last week a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the acquisition and rehabilitation of foreclosed or abandoned properties in designated census tracts for persons with special needs. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) will fund the program through the Neighborhood Stabilization Program 3 (NSP 3) which will allocate $1,250,000 to successful applicants. Production will require a minimum of five units of affordable rental housing, to house a minimum of 15 persons, using a maximum of $250,000 per unit.
As stated by the Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) successful applicants will be asked to provide the following services:
- Acquisition of residential property to be selected in collaboration with DSHA;
- Rehabilitation of selected homes;
- Interim property management of selected homes during the development period;
- Leasing of selected homes to eligible households; and
- Other eligible activities, as approved by DSHA.
To download the funding application, please CLICK HERE.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 22, 2011.