The House Appropriations Committee released the FY 2012 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development funding bill, which cuts the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) budget by $3 billion.
The bill proposed the following levels for housing program funds:
• HOME Investment Partnerships Program- 25% reduction;
• Public Housing Capital Fund- 25% reduction;
• Section 202, Housing for the Elderly- 50% increase;
• Section 811, Housing for Persons with Disabilities- 31% increase;
• Community Development Block Grants- level with FY2011 but funds for administrative expenses are capped at 10%;
• McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Grants- level with FY2011;
• Public Housing Operation Fund- 16% reduction; and
• HOPE VI and Choice Neighborhoods Initiative: eliminated.
For additional information, click the following: