Out of the 36 public housing authorities that applied for FY 2010 HOPE VI Revitalization funding, the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) awarded $152.7 million to the following eight housing authorities:
- $22 million to the Boston Housing Authority;
- $22 million to the Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver;
- $22 million to the Louisville Metropolitan Housing Authority;
- $18.4 million to the Housing Authority of the City of Paterson (NJ);
- $7,829,750 to St. Louis Housing Authority;
- $22 million to Taunton Housing Authority;
- $20 million (from FY 2011 funds) to City of Phoenix Housing Authority; and
- $18.5 million (from FY 2011 funds) to Housing Forward (Portland Housing Authority).
The grants will help transform severely distressed public housing developments into mixed-income communities.
For detailed information on the revitalization projects, click Here.